If you would like to know the individual organisation we share your data with please ask the practice for an up to date copy of the Practice data flow map
The people who care for you use your records to:
- Provide a good basis for all health decisions made by you and care professionals
- Allow you to work with those providing care
- Make sure your care is safe and effective, and
- Work effectively with others providing you with care.
Others may also need to use records about you to:
- Check the quality of care (such as clinical audit)
- Protect the health of the general public
- Keep track of NHS spending
- Manage the Health Service
- Help investigate any concerns or complaints you or your family have about your health care
- Teach health workers, and
Some information will be held centrally to be used for statistical purposes. In these circumstances we take strict measuresto ensure that individual patients cannot be identified.
We use anonymous information, wherever possible, but on occasions we may use personally identifiable information for essential NHS purposes such as research and auditing. However, this information will only be used with your consent, unless the law requires us to pass on the information.
The practice is compliant with the national data opt-out policy.